1. Do they make me feel safe?
2. Do they make me feel anxious?
3. Do they make me feel less than they are, or do they make me feel like their equal?
4. Do they boost my self-esteem or kill it?
5. Do they make me smile or laugh?
6. Do they appreciate my talents and work, however amateur?
7. Has this person shown me that I can trust them?
8. Would I consider them a good person?
9. Are they appreciative?
10. Are they loving/caring?
11. Do they respect me?
12. Do they apologize whenever they are wrong?
13. Do they want what’s best for them, or what’s best for us?
14. Do they understand me, or have a desire to?
15. Do they want to hear me speak, and do they listen when I do?
16. Do they make plans to see me and stick to them?
17. Do we share similar values?
18. Have they hinted that they are not interested in a relationship?
19. Have I been honest with what I’m looking for in a partner?
20. Am I just lonely or do I enjoy spending time with them?
21. Do I think they’re physically attractive? Is that the only reason I like them?
22. If I was in trouble, could I call this person and ask for help?
23. Do I think he/she loves me? How have they shown it to me that they do, if they claim to?
24. Has this person physically or verbally abused me, directly or indirectly?
25. Would I trust this person to be around my children?
26. What does this person lack that I said I really wanted in a partner? Would I be okay/happy without it?
Written by Reid [emeraldlotus.ca] + Aderonke [writething.ca]